Hello!

I am Madison Webb. I would like to respectfully acknowledge that I live, work, and play on the unceded traditional Tsimshian territory of the Kitsumkalum and Kitselas First Nations. I am grateful to have been born and raised in beautiful Terrace, B.C. Terrace has always been my home and I plan to stay!

I grew up in Terrace as the oldest of a large, busy family. During my upbringing, my family developed a hobby homestead from scratch on a forested acreage. Growing our own vegetables and berries, preserving the food we grow each year, and keeping livestock have given me a deep appreciation and respect for the land and its power.

I entered the UNBC Regional Education program directly after graduating from the University of Victoria (UVic). At UVic, I earned a Bachelor of Science in Anthropology with a minor in History. I was fortunate enough to receive a conditional academic excellence scholarship from UVic which is what allowed me to pursue a post-secondary education. Maintaining the scholarship throughout my years at UVic was challenging but it taught me to work hard, be resilient, and strive forward.

Since starting the UNBC Regional Education program, I have been gaining some work experience by working as a teacher/education assistant on-call for a local independent school. I have been enjoying the opportunity to get into the classroom and get a sense of myself and what I value as an educator. You can find out more about my teaching philosophy by reading about my ideal vision.

I enjoy baking, walking and hiking in the Northwest, camping, kayaking, watching documentaries, going for coffee, reading, watercolour and acrylic painting, working on mastering at-home gel manicures, and spending time with my loved ones.